Center for Quality Assurance & Accreditation
The aim of the Centre for Quality Assurance and Accreditation (CQAA) is to continually promote the culture of quality assurance within the PIM and facilitate acquiring accreditation for its study programmes.
ObjectivesThe objectives of the CQAA are as follows:
- to continuously carry out quality improvement activities within the PIM;
- to develop a culture of quality assurance within PIM
- to ensure that the programmes are aligned with the level descriptors and qualification descriptors indicated in the Sri Lanka Qualification Framework (SLQF);
- to facilitate implementation of follow-up actions recommended in external quality assurance reviews and monitor progress in their implementation;
- to liaise with quality assurance centers in other higher educational institutions, to share good practices and enhance the quality of higher education in Sri Lanka.
- to facilitate acquiring national and international accreditation for the programmes conducted by the PIM
FunctionsThe functions of the CQAA are;
- coordinating all quality assurance activities within the PIM and thereby continuously improve the public perception on its activities and graduates;
- liaising with the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council (QAAC) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Centre for Quality Assurance (IQAU) of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- liaising with and international external quality assurance (QA) and accreditation bodies;
- coordinating the preparation of self-evaluation reports for external QA reviews and accreditations;
- coordinating with the faculty, administrative staff, and other staff to ensure that follow-up action is taken after external QA reviews to improve the quality;
- providing guidance to all staff members on QA;
- monitoring the implementation of QA aspects listed in the Corporate Plan;
- facilitating the sharing of good practices among the staff members;
- preparing policies and guidelines in collaboration with the academic and administrative staff to improve quality and
- monitoring of the adherence to policies and regulations are followed.
Years of Excellence